Epson 1400 printer lines issue

LeeRuttle 12:04 13 Nov 2014

Hi I have searched forums for this but have had no luck so far for a solution.

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer. Whenever I print something out, it prints horizontal blue & pink lines across the page.

I have cleaned the head a number of times. When I do a test printout, it prints fine. This is not horizontal "white" lines, i.e gaps in the print, but actual blue and pink lines. Even if I print to grey-scale / black & white, the text or drawing is printed as black and white rather than colour but the blue and pink lines still appear.

I've also un-installed the print driver, and re-installed.

I use the printer for work to print construction plans for on site use. The horizontal lines make the drawing un-useable.

I've taken an image to Pdf of a printed page with the lines on, but can't see how to upload it to here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

spuds 12:28 13 Nov 2014

I have a number of various make and model printer's, and when they start going wrong, I find it cheaper to replace with new warranty, than pay for any repairs.

Just had a look on the internet, and a few possible solutions were found. Here's one that might help a little bit, even though its a different Epson model click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?