Epsom 600 - Printing every other line

billsvid 17:11 29 Mar 2003

This printer has been off line for about a month, new ink cartridges now installed. Now text is not very clear and only prints every other line. Tried reloading drivers, tried new cable, cleaned heads..still the same. Any ideas? Thanks.

Wak 19:56 29 Mar 2003

Never had an Epson myself but is it actually missing a line of print or is it inserting an extra line of space between the printing??

billsvid 21:37 29 Mar 2003

This printer has been off line for about a month, new ink cartridges now installed. Now text is not very clear and only prints every other line. Tried reloading drivers, tried new cable, cleaned heads..still the same.It prints a line it misses a line etc, but it is only with the black ink. It prints perfectly well with the colours. Can anyone please help? Thanks.

midase 21:45 29 Mar 2003

I just had to dump my 600 after it finally refused to print. Print quality became poor, lost one colour. Changed cartridges, did several cleans etc but no good. Then I came across an article somewhere that there was a design fault in the Epsons in that ink gets sprayed directly onto some sort of controller circuit (can't remember the tech.term) and this circuit is then damaged beyond repair. So looks like you may have to get a new printer.

billsvid 11:46 30 Mar 2003

Thank's to you all for your help
billsvid

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?