Hot Topics

Emails arriving up to 30 minues late

Gummomarx 16:28 12 Oct 2019

The email account of my website is taking up to 30 minutes to receive messages via my Samsung phone. The same emails arrive immediately on MS Outlook 2013 via my PC.

My website host is convinced it's not an issue on their side and Samsung takes no blame.

None of my other email accounts are affected (Gmail, Hotmail, NTLworld etc).

Anyone know if there's a possibility that a fault lies within my internet provider's structure?

wee eddie 17:36 12 Oct 2019

It's not necessarily a fault.

The travel time of emails can be notoriously variable and it appears to have little to do with its speed down the wires. Half an hour in not bad by all accounts.

Govan1x 21:11 12 Oct 2019

You can set them to look for new messages ,say every 10 minutes or so if using a computer not sure about a phone though.

Gummomarx 10:52 13 Oct 2019

Up until Friday, I always got them within seconds. Both Samsung and my website host agree that something's wrong but they don't accept that the fault lies with either.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

How to draw an eye

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio pas chers (2020)