email probs

neo1 01:17 04 Dec 2003

hi i use blueyonder broadband and have just set up outlook express 6 from the blueyonder website but when i just tried to send an email to the newly set up email i got this email back This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.Delivery to the following recipients failed [email protected] any idea how to solve this?

neo1 01:38 04 Dec 2003

smegs i think so how do i check if the smtp is correct? as im using oes 6 and the web site only had the 5 version there to show set up? thanks in advance

neo1 01:57 04 Dec 2003

djohn in the incoming mail i have
pop3.blueyonder.co.uk
and outgoing i have this
smtp.blueyonder.co.uk is this correct?
the box underneath saying log on using secure password authentication is not ticked but when i tickit i got this error message
Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
but when un ticked it says its sent the email but i get no email arrive in my other hotmail account?

neo1 02:10 04 Dec 2003

yep mine is the same except for the isp adresss im not sure what else it could be would my norton firewall affect it?

neo1 02:28 04 Dec 2003

djohn yep its solved now i changed the alias do i send an email to the tech support of my isp to change my email addres as the username is not what i want to use thanks for the all the help :)

neo1 02:41 04 Dec 2003

yep i was just able to update it on the selfcare pages and thanks for the help:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)