Email problems again.

Europa 17:51 30 Mar 2006

I had problems a while ago with my 2 emails set in Outlook Express, so I deleted an account and now I only got one account set up in Outlook Express.
It worked for a while but tonight I cannot retrieve my emails with this account neither.
This is what it says :
The server responded with an error. Account:Plusnet.Server:'mail.plus.net' Protocol:POP3, Server response:ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server. Cannot connect to the mail server! Port:110, Secure(SSL):no,Server Error:Ox800CCC90
Error Number Ox800CCC90
Can someone tells me what's the meaning of this error and how to repair the fault?
Thank you.

VoG II 18:28 30 Mar 2006

There seems to be a problem with PlusNet e-mail click here

Europa 19:46 30 Mar 2006

Thank you VoG, I thought it was my settings that were messed up again, and the error message mention AVG, so I thought the fault was on my side.

terryf 13:25 31 Mar 2006

For the future, there is the facility to export email accounts, say to the desktop, and then import them again for example if you are fault-finding, click on the account and them 'export' and reverse by clicking on import. I found this useful when I had 2 accounts and couldn't decide which one was causing the problem

Europa 18:33 05 Apr 2006

Thanks terryf, I will keep that in mind if the problem occurs again in the future.

R.C.M. 20:53 29 Jul 2006

Having lost important emails I decided to download Acubix PicoBackup Outlook Express Edition. I have it up and working except for the email notification, it fails to send a test email because I have not entered the port number.

I have look at my email account but I can't find the port number? Can anyone tell me how to find this port number please. Or even suggest another back-up program which will save my email folders.

Many thanks.

R.C.M. 20:56 29 Jul 2006

I'm very sorry for posting on the wrong thread - I meant to start another thread - I'm a daft numptie - sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?