Email problems

love2cats 14:00 02 Oct 2008

If I go to a web site and need to contact someone at the web site I have a problem. Usually, there is a form to fill out with a space to ask a question or whatever. Then you have to click “submit.”When I do that, a Neopets email pops up. The Neopets email page started popping up when my daughter installed Neopets. Neither she nor I have Neopet email accounts. We can’t even get them because she is using the free version, and isn’t allowed to have a Neopets account without becoming a premium member. When I can, I copy and paste the email address from the site and send the email with what I use. (Windows Live, an “.msn” email address) Is there some way to make the Windows Live mail with my “.msn” email address the default email? I want that to pop up when I try to send something from a web site. Thank you very much. You guys are great!

Jak_1 14:13 02 Oct 2008

Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs > Set Programs.
From there set the email client you want to use as the default client.

BurrWalnut 14:14 02 Oct 2008

If I understand you properly, right-click Start > Properties > Start Menu Tab > Customize and change the pull-down menu to Windows Live Mail.

Jak_1 14:18 02 Oct 2008

Yup, that is another way of doing it. Probably easier than the way I described.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts