Email PDF to multiple contacts.

Jen4 16:59 12 Jan 2018

I hope some one out there can help me. Part of my job is to send out a newsletter once a month. I have just been told this needs to be in PDF format, and the email addresses are all in SAGE, but transition email is not set up. I have managed to extract the email addresses (all 600 odd of them) in to excel, and therefore word. But then I'm stumped. Mail merge doesn't appear to much use as it would take forever to fill in the details for the contact list, which will change as customers change every month. Oh and I am unable to cc people as the details need to be kept confidential. Please please please can someone help me figure out how to do this with out having to copy and past in each email address one at a time, attach the PDF and send it as this would take me forever. I'm off home for the weekend now but hopefully when I get back on Monday morning someone will have came up with a way to do this, if not I may need to go tell my Boss its impossible, something I do not relish having to do.

TIA

octal 17:52 12 Jan 2018

For a start you have saved the emails into an Excel spreadsheet,you just need to import them into your email client as a CSV file. This Microsoft site shows you how.

When you are ready to send your email you BCC the recipients, this site shows you how to do that.

It will make life easier if you create a distribution list, then it's just one click to add all the addresses to the email.

octal 17:55 12 Jan 2018

By the way, I use something like this at work to send to about 200 recipients, but in my case all the recipients can see each others addresses because they are safety notices so they need to see the right people have received them.

It takes me a couple of minutes to send the email, that is the easy part.

Jen4 11:11 22 Jan 2018

Thanks for your help. I ended up having to spend ages creating a contact list. But now I can use the Bcc thingy to send one email to everyone.

Forum Editor 15:02 22 Jan 2018

There are some neat little 3rd party applications that enable you to send individual emails with an attachment to everyone on a list.

Here's one, picked at random.

octal 17:34 22 Jan 2018

There are some neat little 3rd party applications that enable you to send individual emails with an attachment to everyone on a list. Here's one, picked at random.

I would like to install something like that, but I'm on a corporate network at work and I won't allow me.

Forum Editor 18:11 22 Jan 2018

octal

I know the feeling.

alanrwood 18:48 22 Jan 2018

Copy all the email addresses as a csv file. Open an email and send it to yourself. Open the Bcc option and cutand paste the contents of the csv file into it. Add whatever text you wish to the email then add the pdf as an attachment. Send.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?