Email from Miscrosoft regarding Outlook

Border View 12:39 12 Dec 2015
Answered

Just had an e-mail saying its from [email protected] saying that in a few weeks, we will be making some changes to our email services that might impact your hotmail and live accounts (together with others).

In order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 to send and receive email for your account, you need to install the latest update published here.

I am suspicious. I run with Windows 7 Home Premium. Does anyone else know about these changes?Is it possible someone is trying to get into my computer.

Your help and advice would be appreciated.

Border View 12:41 12 Dec 2015

Sorry I should have read other postings on the forum before I posted mine. Will go off and read what other people are saying.

lotvic 19:50 12 Dec 2015

yes, seems to be legit answers.microsoft.com click here

lotvic 19:55 12 Dec 2015

Having read the comments below on my 'click here' I'd advise caution and waiting to see if it is relevant for yours as some have done the update and now can't read their emails, read the comments right down the page before you decide what to do.

rdave13 20:26 12 Dec 2015

I did run the update yesterday. Saved it and ran it. It's a repair installation or uninstall. 'Bout all the options. So ran the repair. WLM 2012 then 'stopped running' and two choices again, 'debug' or report to Windows and close etc. Debugged twice but still not ok. If you leave the error window open WLM will still work.

Rebooted and tried again and debugged, and it works ok now. The text looks different. Sent myself an email on gmail ok but no record in the sent folder.

rdave13 20:32 12 Dec 2015

Trouble is there's no option to download your emails in the Windows mail app if you do decide to get rid of WLM 2012 (which Microsoft wants I think) but haven't tried Outlook online settings yet.

rdave13 20:37 12 Dec 2015

Previous post, click there too :)

rdave13 21:21 12 Dec 2015

Just checked the sent folder in WLM and its there now.

Border View 22:05 12 Dec 2015
Answer

I clicked on the publish here and then downloaded a repair to my Windows Live Mail Essentials. It is installed and Windows Live Mail is working OK. Got my six e-mails from pc advisor.

Shall let you know if I develop any problems.

Thank you for responding.

Border View 22:13 12 Dec 2015

That repair has wiped my whole calendar. Will have to start again tomorrow. Not a happy pixie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles (2018)