email kills internet connections

DrLector 22:19 10 Oct 2005

hi,
iv moved from diel-up to b-band,iv set up my new e-mail address with outlook express 6 but when i check mail,the connection is killed and the dile-up box apears and asks me to connect again, i do and can check the mail but how can i get it so i can be online and check my mail without re-conecting,
thanks

MAJ 22:30 10 Oct 2005

In OE go to Tools > Options > Connection tab and untick the "Hang up after sending and receiving" option, click Apply and OK to exit. See if that helps, DrLector.

woodchip 22:33 10 Oct 2005

Me Thinks this is another windup

MAJ 22:39 10 Oct 2005

What do you mean ANOTHER wind up, woodchip, what did I miss?

woodchip 22:43 10 Oct 2005

Look at Mouse

MAJ 22:55 10 Oct 2005

Ahhhhhhhhh ;-)

DieSse 22:58 10 Oct 2005

I don'y know why anyone thinks this is a wind-up - seems perfectly reasonable to me!

In the properties for your email accounts, you'll see a box under the Connection tab, "Always connect to this account using". Take the tick out of the box and try again.

johnnyrocker 23:38 10 Oct 2005

in the possible absence of a wind up as the poster has moved to broadband they would need to configure connection settings to either lan or some other.

johnny.

DrLector 07:20 11 Oct 2005

thanks for the help ,this is NOT a "wind-up".

281apple 07:37 11 Oct 2005

It is a problem of configuration ONLY! Try creating a Yahoo (or Hotmail) account and send youself a few Email and see if you have the same problem. I did that and have no further problems with OE.

Bagpipes 07:54 11 Oct 2005

In Outlook Express go to Tools/accounts then open up default email connection then the connections tab and take the tick out of the box marked " always connect to this account using"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?