Hot Topics

Email account details are out of date

Hetti 11:25 16 Oct 2015

Since upgrading to win 10 my email has changed to Win mail (was outlook) I have two email address's one works fine but the other says "blueyonder account details are out of date" it give me the option to "fix now" but it does not fix it.I have been in touch with Virgin media the chap the tried to fix it but did not succeed he then passed me on to some "tech guys" who wanted me to pay a monthly fee to have my PC fixed by remote access any time it went wrong I refused but I'm left with the problem of having to login to virgin web mail for the account in question,does anyone have suggestions for this please?

Jollyjohn 11:49 16 Oct 2015

Hi. Have a look here click here it gives eMail settings for blueyonder email addresses.

I would delete the blueyonder account and set it up again from scratch, having saved any important emails. Carefully check port numbers as you set up the account.

Hetti 14:15 16 Oct 2015

Thanks Jollyjohn I did as you suggested but no joy. I get "Fix account" option I click fix I get window stating "Attention required" it has the email address Im trying to fix in the box already, it asks me to *update password for this account" Im not sure what passord it wants but I have tried entering Virgin account password and my Microsoft account password but it returns to the "Fix Account" scenario. Thanks for taking time to try to help me

Jollyjohn 16:04 16 Oct 2015

It will be the virgin account password.. You could try downloading Mozilla Thunderbird to use for your email. Very straight forward to set up.

Hetti 19:47 16 Oct 2015

Ok thanks I will try Thunderbird

Hetti 12:28 17 Oct 2015

jollyjohn

Tried deleting and setup again.....it worked this time, don't know what I did different (if anything)but so long as it works I'm happy.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 10 Launches Globally: Price, Release Date, Specs and more

Best Free, Deep Discounted tools for artists and designers 2020

How to get Apple's Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro free

Qwant moteur de recherche par défaut sur les derniers Huawei