email account

civicr 22:20 05 Jul 2007

Hi,
How do i set up a email account for the wife in outlook express . I use sky b/band and have the use of 5 accounts , and cant remember how to set up. Im led to believe a sub account has to be set up but im clue less.
Ken

ArrGee 22:48 05 Jul 2007

I don't have Sky BBand myself, but I would assume that you can firstly log on to your account and then have the option to set-up sub accounts from there.

Ashrich 23:24 05 Jul 2007

Don't be surprised when in a few weeks time you Sky email fails , it happens a lot , they will do everything to get you to use Hotmail or Googlemail or suchlike , they are having big trouble with their servers and can't be bothered to do anything about it . This happened to a colleague of mine , she phoned them constantly to have a moan about it , they just quote " We only guarantee Internet , not email " so I had a google around and found that it has happened to loads of Sky punters . Be warned ....

Ashley

Graham. 07:49 06 Jul 2007
  Graham. 07:57 06 Jul 2007

click here You will have to login.

In case the link doesn't work, you need to go to My Profile, Email, Additional Users. It's a little tricky to navigate until you get used to it.

You can use anything you like before @sky.com as long as it isn't already take,

Graham. 08:06 06 Jul 2007

You will then need to create a new account in Outlook Express.

Tools, Accounts, Add, Mail.

Servers: Incoming mail is pop.sky.com, Outgoing mail is smtp.sky.com

When it's set up, you can select which account to use to send mail with the drop-down arrow in From.

Send a test email to and from each account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?