Electrical connections...

[email protected] 20:27 22 Feb 2006

I refer to the twisted wires Green/Black, Red/Black and Yellow/Black between the On/Off switch, the LED's of the front panel [HDD activity/Power] and the x2 Pin plastic motherboard connectors. Would anyone know if these are readilly available made-up with the connector one end and the LED at the other, and if so the source? Cheers.

woodchip 20:33 22 Feb 2006

Some where like Maplin, or a Electronics shop. Off a Old Computer at recycle tip

woodchip 20:35 22 Feb 2006

PS a Led only works when plugged in the right configuration. If it don't work turn the plug round

[email protected] 20:40 22 Feb 2006

I thought it may come to that. The reason I ask is I am putting together a hybrid out of redundant bits but had to buy a new mobo. The connector pins on the mobo are in x2 connections but the old front panel "cluster" has a six in-line plastic bit which of course can't be bodged. Thanks for the tip about the LED. ;-)

[email protected] 16:39 23 Feb 2006

Found a site in the states which sells the lot already made up for $10 but I popped into a PC Gamer shop this afternoon just to ask if they had any idea where to get what I want, and to my surprise the guy went backstage and came back with a handfull of assorted wires/connectors which he gave to me. What a nice chap ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)