edit website via IE

rsturbo 17:16 14 May 2003

i know its possible but how do i do this? there is a program called deymo that provides this functionality but expensive. does anybody know of any other way to do this? - eg go to website enter password etc and then be able to edit predefined sections of the website.
thanks for any help

Paranoid Android 17:26 14 May 2003

This is a function which has to be built into the web pages, usually with text files that can be edited by authorised users. As far as I know you cannot edit HTML in Explorer.

Marvin.

Eastender 17:37 14 May 2003

What software are you using to create your site. The 'View' > 'Source' can be changed from the default note book/front page to what ever you are using.

Valvegrid 17:48 14 May 2003

If you follow eastenders instructions and save the text file, which you can now edit, to view the results open it an application like front page. I prefer the free program from Evrsoft, lots of help in that program.

click here

Paul

Valvegrid 18:33 14 May 2003

I forgot the basics on how I used to edit web pages before I installed an editor.
Right mouse click on the web page, go down the menu to view source, a text window opens, save the file somewhere. Open the file in notebook and edit what you want. When you are ready to save, click on File>Save As in the window change the file extension from txt to html. You can then view the results in IE.
I have used this for a long time before I got an editor installed.

Paul

rsturbo 19:10 14 May 2003

click here

deymo site seems to be down

Pesala 20:07 14 May 2003

I make minor changes to my website in Opera by editing the source code. I have to do this on the hard disk copy of my site, then I copy the updated html page with FTP commander. Is this enough for your purposes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?