Edit Saved Passwords

Tony_B 05:03 01 Aug 2006

Windows stores passwords for websites that you visit, and allows you to select from a list when you begin to log on to a website.

How can I edit the list? Where is it found?

This question does not relate to network passwords or those used by User Names on the computer.

terryf 05:25 01 Aug 2006

click here If you use Foxpro you can edit them directly using Tools>Options>Passwords>View saved passwords

Tony_B 05:57 01 Aug 2006

Thanks for the Reply TerryF

BUT...

Which program am I supposed to use?

I don't really want a password manager or any other programs, I just want to know where windows stores the saved passwords so I can edit/delete the ones that are superfluous or were entered incorrectly in the first place.

Tony_B 15:37 01 Aug 2006

Bump.

Can anyone else help me please.

SANTOS7 15:46 01 Aug 2006

1. click on the 'Tools' menu, then 'Internet Options' option.
2. click on the 'Content' tab.
3. click on the 'AutoComplete' button - see new dialog.
4. click on the 'Clear Passwords' option.
Optionally, to stop this Internet Explorer from saving passwords again you can:
- ensure the 'Prompt me to save passwords' is NOT selected.
5. click OK then click OK again.

FelixTCat 15:50 01 Aug 2006

Tony,

I think terryf meant Firefox, an excellent browser. I don't think you can do it in Internet Explorer - all you can do is clear the lot and start again.

Regards,

Felix

Tony_B 19:42 01 Aug 2006

@Santos7 - Thanka that's probably what I needed to know......

EXCEPT - that when I tried it as per your instructions which I believe are correct IE locks up and I have to Cntrl Alt Delete and End the Task. I have tried this several times and it keeps happening. A report was sent to Microsoft and according to their site it might be the result of a virus or firewall issue or something, but I know my machine is clean. I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of PC-cillin as my last copy expired, and run all the anit-virus and spam checks.

Any idea's as to why this is happening and how I can get around it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)