An edit facilty for the forum

Bagsey 22:30 07 Jul 2003

Being guilty of bad grammer, spelling and forgetfullness (Old Age) I wonder if a facility to edit ones writings would be a very usefull addition to this forum. It would help to stop people like me looking a right burke with missing out chunks of writing.
Perhaps FE would comment on this.

VoG II 22:35 07 Jul 2003

I nwish there was - I've just made a post that I regret and would have likedc to delete, or at least amend.

However, this has been raised before and has been deemed to be impractical given the volume of traffic on the server.

Valvegrid 22:39 07 Jul 2003

No fear, that's part of the fun of the forum, clicking the Post response button then realising you've botched it up :-)

Paul.

VoG II 22:42 07 Jul 2003

And cannot type in English (me, that is).

Bagsey 22:45 07 Jul 2003

The trouble is that my fingers move faster than my brain hence my keyboard is a rotten speller.

Valvegrid 22:50 07 Jul 2003

These may help.

click here

click here

woodchip 22:54 07 Jul 2003

My eye's are the probe. I hit Y for T and things like that, as if being a bad speller is not enough.

GroupFC 22:56 07 Jul 2003

I think the posting you regret was made after the ones on the "noisy computer", so is understandable. It must be something in the air today as there have been a few less than savoury posts.

You quicklty followed up with an apology, so I am sure all is forgiven to such a venerable OG as yourself!

VoG II 22:57 07 Jul 2003

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Valvegrid 22:59 07 Jul 2003

If you are using IE6 this is a better one:

click here

What makes you think I'm a poor speler sorry speller

GroupFC 23:00 07 Jul 2003

Your very welcome!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?