Edge has reset itself once again ~ Favorites gone

wee eddie 12:07 02 Mar 2017

I put the PC to bed at about 5am this morning after a testing shift. I actually finished just after 3am, but someone had been sick in the back and cleaning up raised my Adrenalin levels and I needed to calm down. So I surfed a while.

When I logged in just half an hour ago, I was greeted by "Welcome to Edge" It appears to have reset itself and I needed to Log into this site again, even from Chrome. At least Chrome hadn't lost all my Favorites, but Edge appears to be completely blank. All memories gone.

Anyone have any idea whats going on. This is the Third/Fourth time it's happened.

I have a backup copy of my Favorites but that is 10 days old because it's not automated.

I have just noticed. The Spell checker seems to have reverted to American spelling

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 02 Mar 2017

Was there a windows update last night?

wee eddie 14:50 02 Mar 2017

There was no note to that effect on either Closedown or at Start Up

Bris 18:33 02 Mar 2017

Take a look at reliability monitor, its here... control panel>security & maintenance>maintenance>view reliability history.

It will tell you if there was an update. I have just checked mine and it flagged an update today relating to mail & calendar. If you click on an icon it will give details. It may also give you a clue as to whats causing the problem.

wee eddie 08:23 10 Mar 2017

I think that I have cracked it. I don't doubt the Edge will do this again but I think that I have solved the Backup problem.

I have also have Firefox and Chrome on my PC and import Edges Favourites into them, alternately on the 1st and 15th of each month.

You may wonder why I go to this trouble, but I prefer Edge, I like its clean interface.

wee eddie 12:34 02 May 2017

It's happened again ~ twice in the last 48 hours.

My Firefox backup worked, but I had become slack and it was 3 weeks old

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Windows 10 with XP/7 emulation

wee eddie 10:26 11 May 2017

And again

wee eddie 12:45 15 May 2017

And again

Anybody have any idea what's going on

wee eddie 09:34 16 May 2017

And again

wee eddie 12:39 11 Jun 2017

And again

Menzie 13:51 11 Jun 2017

By any chance are you using Norton Antivirus?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)