the edge failing to respond ???

MJS WARLORD 09:56 28 May 2018

For about a week now after I fire up my pc I look in reliability monitor and see a report that the edge content process stopped working ???? at exactly the same time as I turned it on...… as far as I am aware everything did start up ok.

when I run ccleaner I am told the edge needs to be closed but the thing is , if it is referring to the edge browser at that particular time I never even opened it. task manager did not even show edge running.

I have been a geek for 15 years so I am familiar with most processes but not an expert.

I am beginning to think I am getting false error reports and that they may be getting caused by Microsoft updates , surely if the 2 reports were genuine I would see something not working right.

Govan1x 10:13 28 May 2018

Silly question but I take it you have not got it set as the default browser.

Sometimes when I open some program or other it opens with Edge. I have always wondered why as it is not the default browser.

It bothers me that this happens but as it does not happen that often I have not researched why it does it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Samsung Galaxy S10 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs