eBay payment problem

Catastrophe 09:07 25 May 2006

I have been trying to pay for an item for about two weeks, often several times a day and by various means.

Whether on eBay, on an invoice, or on the checkout at Marketworks, I always get:
THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED.

I have telephoned Marketworks in the USA and was told to delete temporary files and cancel history, which I have done, but without improved result.

I have about 300 feedback, every one positive, and most praising fast payment. I do not want a negative feedback.

I have sent several eMails describing the problem to the seller without zero response.

I had another identical problem with a uk seller but managed to phone them and supply credit card details but have had no similar response.

Any ideas please?

Snec 09:21 25 May 2006

Have you tried eBay's own help forums?

click here

Catastrophe 10:06 25 May 2006

Thanks. I will try there.

:)

Catastrophe 11:07 25 May 2006

I was directed to use the PayPal Account page and the seller's email address, and that worked.

Many thanks.

:)

spuds 12:38 25 May 2006

Some major sellers on eBay use a third party like Marketworks for invoicing, shipping and tracking purposes. Keep an eye on this, because things can go pear-shaped if you use a different method to those requested by the seller.

One of the reasons for using companies like Marketworks, is the seller could be acting as a selling agent who doesn't carry any stocks. The stocks are held and shipped by a 'mother' company. With Marketworks, you should have a tracking number and web link provided and supplied by a response email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?