Ebay account

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:02 08 Jan 2005

I used to have an ebay account but as I have change isp and got a new email address and the old email address has been suspended I cannot access the account I tryed to make a new one but all my new email address ar not so called working one what ever that means they want a credit card info is that right what if I don`t want to put a credit card info on file how can I get a new ebay account please help any info would be a great help

octal 14:22 08 Jan 2005

Sorry I can't help you with this particular problem, but for future reference if you setup an account with Lycos, Yahoo or one of the other sites offering web email accounts you won't have this problem in the future if you change ISP's because it won't matter you can keep the same email address.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

toni b 14:26 08 Jan 2005

Since your Ebay account has been suspended ,You would have to contact ebay to resolve the issue,It is my understanding that if your account is suspended then ebay rules say that you are not permitted to open another account , I think that is correct and it is very hard sometimes to resolve the issue it took me nearly 6 months to resolve my account suspension and was never told why it was suspended, even after I sent copies of ID to prove I was whom I claim to be, .I would imagine they ask for a credit card details to verify other information you would enter eg. check correct address and such in order to try and prevent dodgy people from setting up accounts.It is very hard to find a contact number .I will post the number but at the moment having major problems with internet connection

pj123 14:32 08 Jan 2005

Yes you do have to enter your Debit/Credit card details to register with Ebay.

But they will never make any charges against it.
It is for Identification only.

click here

I can't see any reason why you should not be able to register again. Try contacting Customer Support at: click here

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:41 08 Jan 2005

I don`t want to put my credit card details on file it says If you don't want to place your card on file, you can enter a different email instead (only certain types of emails can be used, such as those issued by companies, schools, and paid Internet Service providers).

I have many alternitive email addresses al lagit but it will not eccept any even my isp tiscali

Totally-braindead 14:49 08 Jan 2005

You must have entered a credit card before in order to register before so I don't really understand what the problem is. Ebay need it so that they can get paid for any listings you may make when you sell something. The only thing I would say is if you ever get an email asking you to reenter your credit card details do not do it as its someone trying to get your card details. Once registered Ebay never ask you to disclose your card details again.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 14:55 08 Jan 2005

no when I rejistered years ago with my old isp deatails i never had to enter my card details that was some time ago my old email has been suspended not my old ebay account lost password old email not running anymore i.e btinternet guess I will just have to rerejister under tiscali thanks anyway chaps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?