Easy Cleaner for registry.

Miros 10:43 02 Mar 2007

Just come across this new (to me)program called easy cleaner:click here
Has anyone else seen it? used it? it looks quite good to me, does more than just clean the registry.

Shortstop 10:57 02 Mar 2007

but very powerful. I would strongly recommend backing up your registry if you are uncertain about these things - just in case!

Having said that, I have never had an issue with this, and those little 'extra programss' do come in handy ....

Regards,

Paul

Miros 11:12 02 Mar 2007

Thanks for that.
Would you think that it would be advisable to make a system restore point before using it and would that suffice?

Shortstop 11:35 02 Mar 2007

Hi Miros,

I am probably going to attract criticism, but I am not personally a fan of System Restore and prefer a full Registry backup. Maybe I just prefer the control, but if anything does go wrong I am not usually able to use System Restore to correct it. I believe that SR just covers the major registry files for Windows and RB does the lot.

Like I say, just my opinion :o)

Regards,

Paul

johndrew 11:50 02 Mar 2007

Even if you use System Restore it is always worthwhile using something like ERUNT click here to make a backup of your Registry `somewhere safe`.

Personally I prefer Ccleaner click here to `tidy up` my system. There are others which are equally good so it`s down to what suits you that counts in the end.

Miros 12:02 02 Mar 2007

They say great minds think alike and fools seldom differ:-)

We gotta be the former!!!

I have just been and downloaded that ERUNT program before I saw your entry, this was after the advice by Shortstop about backing up the registry. Had a look at doing it manually at first I chickened out of that. Searched again, then saw the snapfile registry backup, which is more up my street. I already have Ccleaner thanks.

Thanks again the two of you.

Shortstop 12:03 02 Mar 2007

Yes, I use Erunt as advised by v for my backups. Never failed me!

Input Overload 12:07 02 Mar 2007

I personally find Easy Cleaner a bit harsh in what it removes.

acein1 20:04 02 Mar 2007

johndrew, a question please,is there any point in using system restore at all if using "erunt", and having it (erunt) set to automaticaly do a registery backup at startup, appreciate your oppinion thanks

rawprawn 08:23 03 Mar 2007

I have been trying WinAso Registry Optimizer, and I am impressed. It was recommenrd by skidzy about a week ago to help with a problem which it fixed.
click here Unfortunately the free version will only clean 10 problems at a time and in the first place I had to run it 14 times to solve my problem (Cheap skate that I am) but it's worth a try/look at

Miros 14:40 03 Mar 2007

I have something called Idigicon PC Accelerator which I think does a similar job as WinAso Registry Optimizer. Your cheap? I'm cheaper! think I got mine as a freebie so long ago can't remember where, possibly from PC Advisor magazine.

Every time I use it, it asks if I want to update which I do, but I can't find the home page anywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?