Easy CD creator-Problem.

ribo 13:37 23 Feb 2003

Hello, can anyone help please.
My friend has this problem. The two computers in question both run XP Home edition. Both have Easy CD Creator installed.(Both compatible with xp)
The only thing is one of them is here and the other in Australia. Whilst my friend was over there he took numerus photos and put them onto a CD using the above programme(Packet writing -just like using a floppy) He looked at them in Australia and all was well. Now that he has brought them home he cannot read them on his computer. It just shows a blank when you enter the cd drive. The CD in question was formatted(you have to do this to enable you to packet write)on the other computer.
Can anyone help please,as he has lost all his pictures. Thanks. Ribo

Cordy13 13:54 23 Feb 2003

Would the pics still be on the Australian computer?

ribo 14:00 23 Feb 2003

Cordy13.
No they were downloaded from the smartcard onto the CD.(Direct CD is what he was using in Easy CD creator.)

fredm2 14:14 23 Feb 2003

perhaps Direct CD isn't installed on on yor computer..........

cream. 14:50 23 Feb 2003

Is the disk a cdrw?

ribo 14:54 23 Feb 2003

fredm2- Yes. Direct CD is installed on the computer, and he has used it many times before he went to Australia.
the village idiot- No it is a cD R- formatted in direct cd for use as a "floppy". Ribo

ribo 14:55 23 Feb 2003

fredm2- Yes. Direct CD is installed on the computer, and he has used it many times before he went to Australia.
the village idiot- No it is a cD R- formatted in direct cd for use as a "floppy". Ribo

huzzar 15:30 23 Feb 2003

This happened to me. When you have made the CD and close it down a box should appear giving you 3 options of how you want the disc to be finalised. One of the options is that you finalise it so that it can be read on any ordinary CD on anybodies computer - it appears that this option was not selected.

Maybe this is your answer?

ribo 16:04 23 Feb 2003

Thanks huzzar.
I understand that the CD was left open so thatmore pics could be addedif required.Are you saying that if a CD r is made on one computer by that computers writer , then if it is left open,
it will not be ableto be read on another computer with a different CD writer? If that is the case then I think that is the answer and if so,are the pics lost? Ribo

David G 16:22 23 Feb 2003

When trying to load Roxio Platinum 5 onto my Win 98 PC the program appears to load OK but when trying to use, as in attempting to write a data disc, I get a message "Easy CD Creator engine initialisation has failed (could not initialise engine)". The program has been on the machine in the past and worked well. The same drives are on the PC. Any ideas please? Dave

pepe 16:29 23 Feb 2003

Ribo

Try openong cd creator and go to Make a Dat CD/Direct CD/ Toolbox/ and there are some options which allow you to scan the CD and recover lost files. This has worked for me in the past. Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)