E-reader/Kindle bought in Canada to be used in UK

karico12 21:45 19 Jan 2018

Is it possible to buy a Kindle reader in Canada, then use it in the UK and buy books from amazon.fr (I am a French Canadian living in the UK.) I have a friend living in France who would be able to buy me Kindle books on amazon france, if it's possible to send ebooks to other people. I would also like to be able to read UK books on the Kindle.

If it's not possible, do you know another Ebook reader that would allow me to do what I explained above?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 19 Jan 2018

you can buy books from anywhere

Nothing stopping you from logging onto amazon.fr on you PC and downloading to your registered Kindle or even to your PC then transfer to your kindle.

A good program to manage ebooks especially for kindle is Calibre

Forum Editor 23:51 19 Jan 2018

If you buy Kindle books via an Amazon account in country A, you are not able to read them on a Kindle registered with Amazon in country B.

A Kindle can only be registered with one Amazon store account at any one time.

You will find the link posted by Fruit Bat /\0/\ helpful.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?