trugor 08:54 17 Apr 2006

how do i set an e-mail address on second computer with my wifes address

I recently got set upvia a router and cannot seem to set up an e-mail address

Taff™ 10:01 17 Apr 2006

A little bit more explanation required here please. Does your wife have an e-mail address? Do we understand that you have two computers and they are linked to a (wireless) router? Is she using Outlook express?

Taff™ 10:22 17 Apr 2006

Oh! Whilst I think about it who is your ISP and does your wife have an e-mail address with the same provider or another one?

trugor 11:09 17 Apr 2006

I recently changed from bt to talktalk and when i connected up router we could not get an e-mailaddress on my wifes computer

Is is possible to set one up under talktalk and if so how do i go about it step by step please

I use Outlook Express

Taff™ 11:17 17 Apr 2006

So, correct me when I go wrong! You have a Talk Talk e-mail address and your wife has a BT address but you are connecting via Talk Talk as your ISP.

If that`s the case and your e-mails are working OK open your Outlook Express then Tools>Accounts and select your account. Then properties to the left and the servers Tab. Make a note of the SMTP (Outgoing) server. Now do the same in your wife`s account but replace the outgoing server (mail.btinternet.com or something similar) with the one from your account. The incoming (POP3) should still be BT`s. You may also need to checkif the outgoing server needs authentication for Talk Talk on your machine and replicate that on your wife`s account.

Taff™ 12:20 17 Apr 2006

Did that do it then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Adobe price increase confuses customers

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?