e-mail receipt

Lemur 09:43 12 Aug 2003

I maintain an address list of members of my club. Twenty five of those members have e-mail addresses.

When I send circulars by e-mail, only a few members actually respond, the remainder remain silent. In the absence of a) my getting a message from the Mailmaster b)using the automatic receipt request system every time c) getting an e-mail address wrong, can I be sure that all twenty five members have got the message? In other words, does silence mean that the message has reached the recipients computer please?

Thank you.

Belatucadrus 15:49 12 Aug 2003

click here you could try messagetags free, I have no idea if it's any good.

Lemur 21:32 12 Aug 2003

Thanks to all. The only idea I had any luck with was the MSGTAG system, which I am now trialling.

I am by no means a computer expert, but it does seem to me that the various versions of Outlook have been a bit hit and miss over this subject, and one might hope that the latest version could perhaps be changed to incorporate the facility!?

MSGTAG looks to be what I need, so I will now close the discussion. Thanks again.

Lemur 10:22 13 Aug 2003

Further to my optimistic message at the end of yesterday, my hopes with MSGTAG were dashed this morning, when a message I sent to MULTIPLE recipients could not be tagged. Currently, it looks like I will have to follow the suggestion of Jester2KII, and ask everybody to confirm receipt, and hope for the best - not very 21st Century!!

Back to the drawing board eh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?