E Mail problem

misters 21:12 29 Jul 2003

Hi
I have been trying to send e mails using tiscali and hotmail but the messages dont seem to get delivered, i recieve messages ok but cant send,
outlook seems to be working ok, but i dont always like using it except for friends i can trust.
Does anyone have any ideas whats going on?
thanx in advance.

Valvegrid 21:20 29 Jul 2003

Have you tried sending emails to yourself? In otherwords, send one from hotmail to tiscali and see if it arrives and visa versa.

Paul.

misters 21:22 29 Jul 2003

Yes tried that but still no joy.
cheers.

Valvegrid 21:36 29 Jul 2003

What email client are you using i.e. Outlook express, or are you using the web mail.

Paul.

Valvegrid 21:37 29 Jul 2003

Sorry, just noticed it's Outlook, I'll have another think.

Valvegrid 21:38 29 Jul 2003

On the same track, have you tried sending and receiving on web mail and not Outlook?

comsuppwor 22:22 29 Jul 2003

I am having a little bother at the moment to .
but i have half sorted it,
I still had the welcome letter from hotmail,and went into junk e-mail filters,I then took the default option ,seemsthe most secure option was blocking my mail.
hope it helps .Rick.

Valvegrid 22:31 29 Jul 2003

OK, that was my next question, that's why I wanted you to try it.

Good luck, hope all goes well.

Paul.

misters 22:22 30 Jul 2003

Have tried what you all say but to no avail, my web mail all seemedto work ok untill about a week ago.
Can i just mention that i dont have any problems with outlook just tiscali and hotmail, and the problems i'm having is just sending messages, they are not getting recieved.
Any more ideas?

VoG II 22:25 30 Jul 2003

Are you connected to your default ISP (Tiscali?) when you are trying to send messages?

daba 00:07 31 Jul 2003

I have the same problem I think.

I'm on Tiscali B/B and recently all my O/G mail produces error:-

The host '[email protected]' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Tiscali', Server: '[email protected]', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

All account, server, connection, advanced settings are correct (I'm experienced in manually configuring e-mail settings), yet the problem still exists.

As web-mail works OK, it could be an OE6 problem, but it was working OK until 3 days ago.
Tiscali tech support are looking at problem now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)