E-mail including a PDF in the main body of message

sarah101 12:36 09 May 2003

I'm not sure if this is possible but would be grateful if anyone could offer some help.

I have a piece of artwork (a background image with text on top) as a PDF file that I would like to include in the main body of an e-mail message rather than as an attachment. I've got Adobe Acrobat 4.0 and can open the PDF file but when I do 'Select All' and copy, the text is copied but not the image behind it. How can I get the entire contents into the e-mail?

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Sarah

_Treb_ 12:49 09 May 2003

Try this, print the article then scan the print and save as a bitmap shold then be able to use as wallpaper in outlook express.

_Treb_ 12:51 09 May 2003

shold should be should shouldn't it

VoG™ 12:57 09 May 2003

1 In Acrobat Reader, select the graphics select tool. The cursor changes to the cross-hair icon.

2 Drag a rectangle around the graphic you want to copy.To deselect the graphic and start
over, click anywhere outside the selected graphic.

3 CTRL+C to copy the graphic to the Clipboard.

4 In e-mail, CTRL+V to paste in the image.

_Treb_ 12:58 09 May 2003

Just tried it. That will work I used a .bmp image in conjunction with the stationery wizard.

sarah101 13:58 09 May 2003

Thanks _Treb_ & VoG I'll give your suggestions a go and see how I get on.

Cheers

Sarah

Tenner 14:59 09 May 2003

I've pondered for months on that one, on and off, and now I know how ! Great !

( didn't ask here cos it was never of great consequence, I was just inquisitive )

The hours spent reading these threads pays off eventually.

Regards

sarah101 17:18 09 May 2003

I tried the graphics select tool first and it worked a treat. For some reason it wouldn't paste direct into the e-mail so I copied it via Word.

Thanks folks
Sarah

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?