E-mail addresses with Windows xp

StuartF 12:58 08 Jul 2003

I have Windows xp installed with four users. I thought that each user had a spearate e-mail address using Outlook Express until I found out last night that mail is being delivered - almost randomly - between the four separate in boxes in the four separate areas. How do I ensure that mail addressed to [email protected] (for instance) goes into x's in box in x's area?

crx1600 13:36 08 Jul 2003

with freeserve you only get 1 email account, in your case @y.freeserve.co.uk, regardless of what appears before the @, its the same email account.

if you have [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] they are in fact the same account, and i dont think there is anyway to download from the server seperately.

freeserve's advice click here

it may be just as well, to set them up with hotmail accounts (or other freebie's) and set OE to check those.

Lú-tzé 13:41 08 Jul 2003

when putting in the pop3 details for OE, use the following format:

[email protected]

and the relevant password.

That used to work some years ago with Freeserve.

It also means that any junk will be left on the server so you will need a way to remove it - maybe every now and again log in using just y.freeserve.co.uk

StuartF 13:52 08 Jul 2003

There is a way with xp to make sure that each user account gets access to its own e-mail rather than it going into a central inbox and then having to come up with a load of message rules to separate the e-mails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?