DVD Writer

Wessie 15:30 16 Jun 2003

I have a Philips DVD Writer +RW and I am using Roxio Easy Cd Creator. I can read and write CD's without any problems but when I use a blank DVD-R I get a message saying something like this is the wrong media insert a blank CD. I am using TDK DVD's I have also used SONY DVD's and I got the same problem. Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem so that I can burn to DVD's

-pops- 17:11 16 Jun 2003

You cannot write DVD+R (W) on to a DVD-R disk. Did you mean that by what you wrote above?

Also DVD wrtiers are very faddy about what they will write to anyway. Check with Philips for compatible disks.

Brian

crx1600 17:15 16 Jun 2003

apart from the confusion over the +/- formats, which version of easyCD are you using?

is it the version that came with your DVD writer, or was it already installed.

Wessie 17:17 16 Jun 2003

I am using Roxio easy CD Creator 5.3.2 Basic. It was already installed

crx1600 17:26 16 Jun 2003

i use nero, so have no experience of EasyCD.

seems there is a later version 5.3.5, with a fix regarding DVD+RW. click here

also there is a version 6, easy CD & DVD creator?

Lozzy 22:50 16 Jun 2003

You must have easy CD creator 6 if your going to use the DVD disk for writing. Also you cannot use DVD-R ina DVD+R rom unless it is a sony or the alike that is -+ and Ram compatible.

As Crx1600 says Nero is good however I use both as both programs are very good for different types of writing.

The Sack 23:05 16 Jun 2003

You can use -R in a +R drive, you mean you cant write it.

-pops- 05:51 17 Jun 2003

Which I said way back;-)

I wish Wessie would clarify this point - is (s)he trying to write DVD+R code to a DVD-R disk?

Brian

Wessie 09:04 17 Jun 2003

Sorry about all the confusion that I have caused. Hopefully this will clarify the matter. I have a Philips DVD+RW Writer (Hardware) and I have been trying to write to TDK and Sony -R discs. I will try DVD+RW dvd discs.

stlucia 09:09 17 Jun 2003

No need to go to the expense of +RW (unless you really want to re-use them). Your +RW burner will also do +R disks, but it WON'T do -R or -RW.

-pops- 09:21 17 Jun 2003

Ahh, good!

As stlucia says, no need to use +RW disks, +R will do fine PROVIDING that they are a brand and type approved by Philips. As I said above, DVD writers are very fussy about what they will write to. Reading from them is not a problem.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?