DVD Writer

edelinski-199425 19:39 15 May 2005

Hi, I have dvd writer VOM12E48X, and I have problem with speed, he can't go mor then 6x, but he have 12 x speed for dvd disc, for media I use only Verbatim and they have speed 8x but my friends have also writer with speed 12x and he get that speed on verbatim disc. I cheked IDE chanels and they set :

On first is Auto detection/DMA if available/Ultra DMA Mode 2, and that same on both IDE chanels.
I have CD/DVD combo drive an he work perfect but dvd writer don't go faster then 6x, and I have new computer P4/2,80 GHz/512 MB of ram/Windows XP home/
I don't know what to do to get speed on 12x.Thanks for any help.

Diodorus Siculus 19:54 15 May 2005

It _may_ need a firmware update; have you looked at the manufacturer site for any details / FAQ etc?

clayton 20:05 15 May 2005

I think you have this drive, Artronix VOM12E48X ARTEC VOM-12E48X DVD

download this software to check your drive & firmware version

click here

click here

edelinski-199425 17:02 17 May 2005

Yes it is ARTEC VOM-12E48X DVD, and I jus was check all and firmwire is 1008 and have new 100D but I don't have flopy drive on computer and I have instructions for flopy only I don't know is have some other way to update that firmware.
In information about dvd drive say region 2 and that is ok but it say STATUS NOT PRMANENT i DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS MEAN.tHANKS FOR YOUR PATIENTS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?