DVD video with Nero6

richierich 16:06 12 Sep 2003

Have downloaded the trial programme time limited to the end of month.
Have rendered a movie in Ulead and saved it as a dvd pal mpeg file.
Opened nero followed wizard to make dvd movie, when I open the box it only imports vob. ifo. or bup files whatever they are. I thought mpeg was the one.
If I change the panel for all files when I try to add the mpg it sdoesnt recognise it.
Is this becauaseits a demo version or am i doing somthing stupid.

BigMoFoT 16:55 12 Sep 2003

VOB, BUP and IFO type files are the file extensions for DVD films. You can use MPEG files to put on a DVD but you wouuld better off using a program such as TMPGEN for that..either that or create an SVCD with the sourced MPEG file format.

richierich 17:05 12 Sep 2003

Im reaaly confused.
Ive imported my digital video, edited it in Ulead, and rendered it for dvd pal which produced an mpeg file, I want to put it on a dvd, how do I go about it, i thought nero would do this.

BigMoFoT 17:11 12 Sep 2003

Nero 6 will only work with VOB files - if you want to create a DVD using MPEG as a source file:
try click here and download the trial version of Expression (Hope u have broadband!)

richierich 17:14 12 Sep 2003

If nero 6 will only work with VOB files how do I get my dv video into VOB files

Chegs ® 17:45 12 Sep 2003

TEMPGENC and TEMPGENC DVD Author are the two progs I use to convert the AVI file into MPEG2,then to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.I haven't found a free prog yet,that will convert to MPEG2.

Chegs ® 17:48 12 Sep 2003

TEMPGENC and TEMPGENC DVD Author are the two progs I use to convert the AVI file into MPEG2,then to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.I haven't found a free prog yet,that will convert to MPEG2.

y_not 06:04 13 Sep 2003

Within the Ulead software are options to author the file making it suitable for writing to DVD.

I use Studio 8 which basically has three stages - capture, edit & "Make movie" - at which point I have the option to encode for VCD, SVCD, VHS, DVD, Web streaming etc.

If I select the "DVD" option the software simply writes a VIDEO_TS folder wherever I specify.

I've had a quick look at the Ulead products and they all seem capable of authoring the DVD.

Have a good look around the Ulead programme

richierich 07:51 13 Sep 2003

Thanks all, Ive resolved the problem for now. It seems that with nero 6 I also needed the module called nerovisiom express, which I had to load on but couldnt becauase i didnt have direct x 9, so I spent 45 minutes on microsoft.com dowmloading it.
I can now put the mpeg file into the programme and make lovely dvd.s
Y.not, I will relook at the ulead programme but from what i remember the dvd output option offered either pal or ntvc, i chose pal and i ended up with an mpeg.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?