DVD RW PROBLEMS

david-213984 16:36 21 Dec 2005

HI I HAVE JUST INSTALLED A DVD RW IN PLACE OF THE CD RW I LEFT THE JUMPER SETTINGS FOR MASTER SLAVE COMBO THE SAME. MY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN USING ALCOHOL 120 OR NERO IT COMES UP SAYING IT CAN'T SEE THE DISC IT ALSO REFERS TO THE NEW DRIVE AS A CD RW NOT A DVD RW ANYONE HELP THANKS

PaulB2005 16:40 21 Dec 2005

1) Please don't SHOUT

2) "I LEFT THE JUMPER SETTINGS FOR MASTER SLAVE COMBO THE SAME" means what exactly?

What make a model is the new drive?

Different drives might use different jumper positions for the Master and Slave settings.

I would remove the drive, boot in to Windows, shut down and then reinstall the drive checking the cables.

Totally-braindead 18:06 21 Dec 2005

Many DVD writers require that they be the master, that is the first thing I would check. Check also that your burning programs are updated to the latest version as perhaps they do not support your DVD writer unless they are updated and also have you tried formatting the DVDRW disk as some don't come preformatted as far as I am led to believe and need to be formatted before you can write to them.

david-213984 19:30 21 Dec 2005

thanks everyone for the advice I have a few things to go on there as it happens when using alcohol 120 it come up with the message unformatted dvd+rw what steps do you take to formatt the discs please forgive my ignorance thanks for any help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?