DVD RW Installation

Scarlet 08:24 05 Oct 2003

I am having problems installing a Sony DW-U14A DVD RW, to sit alongside my Toshiba DVD ROM. I've tried configuring my Sony as master and Toshiba as slave, and vice versa. I've tried attaching the IDE cable in all different ways with no success. In all cases the Toshiba works fine, but explorer keeps saying that there is no disc in my DVD RW drive.Any Ideas would be appreciated.

mark e 08:34 05 Oct 2003

Silly question but, have you read the manual and does it state any preferences for the drive. ie. master slave - ide.1 or 2. Have you tried putting the Sony in on its own?
Mark

AndySD 08:35 05 Oct 2003

click here

Have you installed the software?

Scarlet 08:39 05 Oct 2003

It's an OEM drive, so didn't come with a manual. I'll try installing it on it's own to see if it makes a difference.

Scarlet 08:43 05 Oct 2003

Sorry, the last post was for Mark. I've just looked at your link, which might prove useful. Thanks.

Scarlet 09:51 05 Oct 2003

I've installed the DVD RW on its own. It still does not work. However, instead of saying there is no disk in the drive, when I try and open in Explorer, a new window opens, but no files are displayed!

mark e 10:02 05 Oct 2003

Ok now try installing the software? if you have done this already Try andySD's link to the documentation and check see if the instalation is correct.
Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?