Dvd recording-judding

[DELETED] 10:32 28 Sep 2003

Hi All
i'm using ulead dvd movie factory 2 with a sony dru500a,Everything works fine when i capture my video footage and recorded it to vcd or dvd,the problem is when i play the dvd version the picture judders on both home/pc dvd players,so i think the problem is somewhere in the recording of the disk as the vcd recorded disk works fine.
I'm running a pent 4 2.2 with 640 ram, 160gb,

Any ideas ???

Many Thanks

Pauper 11:24 28 Sep 2003

It would seem there are a few people with problems relating to this particular drive, take a look at this thread and see if there are any suggestions which help click here.

If none of the advice helps you could try a different make of disc as some drives can be a little fickle over what they will write to. I have been using discs from here click here with a Sony DWU-10A and have had no problems (it's an almost identical drive), discs in use at the minute are DVD-R Ritek Orange and DVD+RW Datasafe.

Pauper 11:35 28 Sep 2003

Just realised that the first link points to a thread regarding the 510a not the 500a, but the points made will still be valid. Take a look at the sony support page for your drive as there are software updates and a drive check facility available click here

[DELETED] 11:35 28 Sep 2003

Also ensure dma is enabled on hd's. It may be something to with with such large hd. It's best to have editing prog on main hd and data/editing on another hd to eliminate bugs/conflicts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?