dvd problem

bukkaz 22:49 07 Jun 2004

Not a PC problem but anyone any suggestions.
Just got a DVD player,fitted to TV via scart. Menu comes up but no matter what I put in it says loading then after a while "No Disc".This is for DVD's MP3's ,CD's in short everything. Couldn't get through to manufacturer on helpline(surprise!).Any ideas would be appreciated.

Newuser4165 22:57 07 Jun 2004

Return it to the retailer - it's their problem not the manufacturers.

hugh-265156 01:46 08 Jun 2004

bring it back to the retailer with reciept.

magic word = 'faulty goods'

get a replacement.

bukkaz 02:00 08 Jun 2004

I'm not exactly naive Huggy-it's that I got as a special offer through ISP provider and therefore it is them I am trying to get through to. Tried all afternoon with no success. Will try again in morning. Just thought I'd ask if anybody had any ideas of some thing elementary I had overlooked.
Will return with the receipt(remember i before e except after c and certain other cases)

hugh-265156 02:18 08 Jun 2004

my upmost apologies bukkaz.not in any way did i think you naive my friend.sorry if i offended you :-)

i was remembering back a few months ago when i purchased a dvd player for a friend and upon testing the menu screens and playback of dvd`s(using a high quality ixos scart was distorted and blurred)

i brought it back to the store and explained as best i could in my humble opinion that it was 'faulty'

as i had tried different (lower quality) connector leads and a different tv set it also still gave the same problem.

the replacement player i recieved was fine.

bukkaz 11:39 08 Jun 2004

cheers huggyn no offence taken reaaly. still can't get through so it looks like an e-mail correspondence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?