DVD bought from US to UK.

rodger-2321489 13:34 13 Jan 2018

I bought on Amazon in UK the "Thin Blue Line" DVD series. I did not realise it had come from the States. Will it play in an ordinary UK DVD player? Before I open the cellophane is there something on the box which gives me a clue if it plays in Europe? Thanks.

martd7 15:09 13 Jan 2018

Check the region code on the box

R1 is USA,R2 is Uk

alanrwood 15:14 13 Jan 2018

It depends on whether your DVD Player is region free. Check it out in the instruction book or on the manufacturer's web site. If it is region 2 only then do a search on Google for resetting DVD region. There are several sites which list the various codes for lots of different models and it is usually just pressing specific buttons on the remote control.

BT 18:33 13 Jan 2018

Following on from what alanrwood said you need the code to make your player Region Free

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?