During moving I got an issue

kennedivalen 04:24 13 Apr 2018

I packed some of my data in rar archive. After I tried to move this data to flash drive. During the process my laptop shut down cause of windows updates. When I repeated the transfer, I opened my archive and I saw CRC failed in the file name. The file is corrupt. I've no idea how to get it rid of.

wee eddie 10:31 13 Apr 2018

I hope that you have a back-up copy.

You did not say whether you are trying to open the copy on your Laptop or the one on your Flash Drive. Crashes frequently leave you with corrupted files, let's hope that the original is OK

kennedivalen 16:21 30 Apr 2018

I don't have enough experience in searching for solutions or articles on the Internet. But I had to use some search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing and what I dug up there... RAR Viewer Tool - as I found out from contacts of this resource, group of programmers created it, but I'm afraid of doing it immediately, because it is new thing for me. What opinion do you have about this masterpiece? Can I use it for my case? If someone applied it, share your thoughts how it works and how much it might be effective.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any resolutions from Microsoft - I can't realize why such huge corporation doesn't care about safety of data of their customers like me, like you. This question for me now doesn't have an answer. If someone owns this information, inform me, please.

I wasted several valuable hours of my spare time and I've no idea who or what could return me these very hours. Pats, I hope this time or next time you'll be more sympathetic to problems of strangers on your community.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)