duplicate files

feredo 21:56 09 Feb 2005

duplicate files
Are there any freeware programs to detect duplicate file on your computer, video files.

I have a feeling I have copies of some somewhere.

thanks

csqwared 22:01 09 Feb 2005

try here click here

cc

csqwared 22:04 09 Feb 2005

oops!! sorry, that's Linux :-((

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 22:36 09 Feb 2005

ther is a programme called EXPOSED but ive been trying to find a LIVE download for it but havnt had any luck, but if you can find one its a great little app that finds music files videos, flash ads, infact alsorts.

let me know if you find it

feredo 22:50 09 Feb 2005

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG

Will do

Taff36 07:54 10 Feb 2005

Check Identical Files click here was recommended on this forum a few months ago & I downloaded the trial version which allows 10 searches before you buy. A great program but be very careful when deleting duplicates. Read the help files thoroughly before you start! If I use up the free uses I`ll get the paid for version.

Modo 08:04 10 Feb 2005

click here

You can download a 30 day trial.

It is a nice program but I found it a bit Hit & Miss at finding music duplicates and decided not to buy. Even with manual settings it wanted the files to be too identical - e.g. same in every respect. Music duplicates often have a small difference in file size or some other file info. Indeed this is usually the case if you have a track on a compilation and on the original album.

Mango Grummit 08:33 10 Feb 2005

DupeLocater click here is free and 100% effective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)