Dual monitor problem (Windows 10)

Mislavestina 13:15 05 Nov 2015

I'm using an old CRT monitor as my second monitor, it worked fine until i bought a new graphics card, the old graphics card had a DVI-I and DVI-D outputs, so I could connect both my LCD DVI monitor and the CRT with a DVI to VGA dongle and it worked fine, now I only have a DVI-I output, HDMI and Display port, so I connected my LCD to the DVI and bought a HDMI to VGA dongle to connect the CRT monitor and im having problems now, the monitor wont turn on by itself on boot or if i turn it on or off, only when i disconnect it and connect it directly from the graphics card and then it works but it turns off and on for a split second every now and then. I don't know what the problem is, I'm using Windows 10, AMD drivers for the graphics card are updated to the latest version, also when I use the detect option either in windows setting or AMD Catalyst it instantly loses the connection to the other monitor, also the LCD (main) monitor is labeled as 2 and the second one is labeled as 1.

PC Specifications: PSU: 550W Processor: AMD A8 3870K 3.0 GHz Ram: 8 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: Sapphire NITRO R7 380 2G GDDR5

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles (2018)