Drivers for a Toshiba C660-UX Satellite Pro

Jodakist 16:07 15 Jun 2018
Answered

My daughter fell a victim to the `Microsoft Scam' and had her laptop locked. I have used a HDD cleaner, which supposedly has removed everything from the hdd. I have now installed he Windows operating system but can't connect to the internet. It seems that I need to install some drivers but I am not sure how to know what I need, can anyone help please, or is it a visit to the local tip for the laptop?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:14 15 Jun 2018

Was it upgraded to win 10 or still had win 8 on it? what op system have you reinstalled?

Jodakist 17:00 15 Jun 2018

It originally had Windows 7 Home, but was upgraded to Windows 7 Professional, which I have now installed again.

BRYNIT 17:41 15 Jun 2018
Answer

The nearest model I could find was C660-1UX if this is the correct model you should find the drivers from the Toshiba site CLICK HERE if not CLICK HERE and enter the serial number.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:22 15 Jun 2018
  Jodakist 13:12 16 Jun 2018

I have now tried to install the drivers from the links kindly provided but get the message: To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319 Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

Does this mean Toshiba? Or is there a way round this as I found the Toshiba help most unhelpful.

mrcalif 13:32 16 Jun 2018

A simple search on Google will pop up .Net Framework 4.0 Re-Distributable.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 8 Review

Adobe confirms it’s working on a full Photoshop for the iPad

Apple announces new MacBook Pros for 2018

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?