Driver for USB mini-camera

Mr. Chips 09:15 22 Jun 2003

I recently purchased a (£20) digital camera which I want to use to 'spy' inside a birdbox.

It is a Dualscan DSC(2770) purchased from the Gadget Shop.

It appears not to come with its own driver, but probably relies on a Microsoft generic.

I use WIN98 R2. It works OK, but each time I want to use it, I have to un-plug and re-plug the USB lead.

This is inconvenient (back of PC). Any ideas what's wrong? ... or has anyone heard of a specific driver that might be preferable?

OneSirKnight 10:01 22 Jun 2003

Is this your camera?

click here

Mr. Chips 10:22 22 Jun 2003

One Sir Knight

Yes ... the exact item.

DIGI PRECISION ICE BLUE (Except it's transparent!)

Any ideas on the problem please?

Totally-braindead 11:43 22 Jun 2003

Not really a solution but how about getting a USB hub which you can sit on your desktop so you no longer have to muck about at the back of the computer, they're round the £10-£15 mark and useful for other things as well. Regarding having to replug the camera all the time it could be a way of saving battery power, I know that my camera "goes to sleep" to conserve battery power when connected to my computer after about 5 minutes.

Mr. Chips 13:45 22 Jun 2003

TXS Totally braindead.

I tried the hub but I was then told there was not enough power to run the camera .... odd that!?,, I even powered the hub with a power supply, but still not enough power ...., even odder, that!?

The camera, thank goodness, will run without a battery, so that isn't a problem.

I was thinking of putting in a small switch to cut the power lead, but that's not something I really want to do . I hope there is a more elegant solution than cutting up the usb cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?