driver trouble with my laptop

topcat596070 19:38 06 Nov 2015
Answered

Hi.l have been having trouble connecting to the internet when l look at trouble shooting it states the drivers for Ethernet and WiFi are not working l tryed with drive booster2 free version with no success dose any one know a not to complicated way to fix this .Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:58 06 Nov 2015

Make and model?

operating system?

topcat596070 07:59 07 Nov 2015
Answer

Hi my laptop is a dell inspiron5720 useing windows 10.

onthelimit1 09:07 07 Nov 2015

Was this an upgrade to W10, and if so, have you ever been able to connect to the internet since the upgrade?

[email protected] 09:37 07 Nov 2015

hi my laptop hp driver is not working

[email protected] 09:39 07 Nov 2015
  chub_tor 09:55 07 Nov 2015

If you read this thread from Dell Support you will see that the wireless adapter used in your laptop has not been certified for use with Windows 10.

However a number of workarounds are suggested that should enable you to get connected again.

Ignore that link to HP drivers in the above post.

rdave13 16:18 07 Nov 2015

You could also go to device manager, expand Network adapters, right click the Ethernet adapter, properties, details tab, and in the Property box click the down arrow and select Hardware IDs. Right click the ID code and copy and paste it into notepad and save to a flash drive. In a working computer paste the ID to Google. Hopefully you have WOT or something similar to check the sites list in Google, then browse carefully. Drivers Collection dot com is ok but still be wary when you download a driver, even better if you come across a Dell site.

Download and save the driver on a working pc and scan for viruses/malware. If ok copy to flash drive and install on the non working pc. Reboot. If you can get the Ethernet connection working first then Windows update might find a working driver for your Wi-Fi.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)