Driver for Samsung printer... where from?

Simsy 11:30 23 Mar 2018

Folks, I'm about to get a new PC for my sister and set it up for her. In preparation I'm attempting to get the necessary software and drivers downloaded...

However, her printer driver, (Samsung Xpress m2070w), is proving elusive.

She's not had it that long, a little over a year I think, and it's still for sale at various outlets, so you'd think there would be a Windows 10 driver for it.

The problem is that it seems that the printer department of Samsung is now owned/run by HP...

The Samsung site no longer even recognises the product, and the HP site recognises the product but says there are no drivers available?!

Where do I get the correct driver(s) from? The printer is a multifunction monochrome laser printer.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Simsy

compumac 12:50 23 Mar 2018

Have you tried click here

beeuuem~2 12:56 23 Mar 2018

or here

AroundAgain 12:58 23 Mar 2018

Hi Just a few days ago I had need for support for my Samsung printer and so I phoned HP. I found the support brilliant

I also needed help to find the right driver for the printer and they talked me through finding the driver, downloading and installing it - even though I'm out of warranty.

So, I would recommend you phoning them. I'm sure they'll be able to help you. HP Support phone number 02079 490 416 I'm not sure but I think I pressed for Printers, then option for Samsung but it could be the other way about. Listen to the options yourself and it should be OK

AroundAgain 12:59 23 Mar 2018

Oh, you guys are too quick, or I'm too slow ;)

beeuuem~2 13:01 23 Mar 2018

and here for the software.

compumac 13:12 23 Mar 2018

AroundAgain

Oh, you guys are too quick, or I'm too slow ;)

And I am probably older than you.

AroundAgain 13:14 23 Mar 2018

Hi compumac Maybe, maybe not ;) I'm still too slow ;) LOL

Simsy 13:19 23 Mar 2018

Thank you folks...

beeuuem~2, How on earth did you find that first link?? The 2nd link you gave, (which I had found), results in "No software or drivers are available for this product with the selected operating system."

Compumac... I had seen that, but just had a suspision that it wasn't a "geniune" site for Samsung.

Thanks, Regards, Simsy

Simsy 13:23 23 Mar 2018

I've just discovered that clicking the "Change" button on that driver page takes you somewhere sensible to find the drivers! Thanks all. Regards,

Simsy

beeuuem~2 15:19 23 Mar 2018

Glad you found your way. It can be confusing as the HP site detects the OS of the device/PC you are using to carry out the search and displays those results, be that drivers or software, rather than the ones you are actually looking for.

All's well that ends well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)