DRIVER FOR GEFORCE FX5200

DUDE! WHERES MY CAR? 18:41 13 Mar 2004

HI EVERYONE
I HAVE JUST INSTALLED AN GEFORCE FX5200 CARD IN MY WINDOWS XP SYSTEM BUT AM UNABLE TO INSTALL THE DRIVER RELATING TO 'NIVIDIA WDM VIDEO CAPTURE (UNIVERSAL)'FROM THE CD THAT CAME WITH IT. IN THE HARDWARE DEVICES WINDOW IT SHOWS 'THIS DEVICE CANNOT START (CODE 10)'.
I HAVE TRIED THE NIVIDIA WEB SITE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO INSTALL THE DRIVER.
IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME?

Irishman 18:58 13 Mar 2004

Have you uninstalled all previous drivers and then done a restart?

DUDE! WHERES MY CAR? 19:10 13 Mar 2004

I HAVE ONLY UNINSTALLED 'NIVIDIA WDM VIDEO CAPTURE (UNIVERSAL)'. I HAVE DONE THIS A NUMBER OF TIMES AS YOU SUGGEST. DO I NEED TO UNINSTALL THE OTHER DRIVERS THAT ALSO APPLY TO THE GRAPHICS CARD?

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

keith-236785 20:45 13 Mar 2004

Before you installed your new card, you should have uninstalled your old one (control panel/add remove programs). then shutdown pc, swap cards, reboot and let windows autodetect your new hardware.

to do this you might have to take a few steps back. uninstall ALL graphic card drivers then shutdown and restart your pc. if that doesnt work then you may even have to insert your old graphic card if you still have it and then install / uninstall your graphic card. change to standard svga grapgics.

sound a bit messy but rule of thumb is as Irishman said, before installing any new hardware, uninstall the old one.

good luck, hope this helps some

Paranoid Android 21:03 13 Mar 2004

Please don't 'shout'.

Code 10 means Windows did not properly assign an IRQ to the device. Go into your BIOS and check that you have Assign IRQ to VGA enabled.

Failing that, you may have to manually set the resource allocation in device properties. Make a note of the settings before you start so you can undo them if you want.

It does seem that some cards don't actually have the video in decoding chip. Is it a genuine VIVO card, or just video out ?

Marvin

Paranoid Android 21:04 13 Mar 2004

PS This is not an uncommon problem with video capture on NVidia cards.

Marvin

keith-236785 21:07 13 Mar 2004

Paranoid Android, the FX 5200 has Video out, not vivo. at least mine does.

might help you to help DUDE! WHERES MY CAR? with his problem

Paranoid Android 21:10 13 Mar 2004

You cannot do video capture if card only has video out. You need video in for capture.

Marvin

DUDE! WHERES MY CAR? 16:53 14 Mar 2004

Thanks for your help everyone. Somehow managed to sort it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?