Drive Letters and Norton System Works

Sapins 09:38 03 Jun 2003

I recently downloaded Letter Assigner (via this forum, thanks for that @[email protected]) to make the drive letters on my dual boot system, 98SE and XP, the same; it was a bit confusing looking for files in different drives. I used the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article-307844 to change the letters in XP, no problems there, it was 98SE that I was having trouble with hence the attempt with Letter Assigner.
I soon found out that a lot of programmes would not work because, I presume, the short cuts where pointing to the wrong drive. My question is, can I re-assign the drive letters with Letter Assigner and then use the Norton One Button Checkup facility to re-assign the short cuts or do I have to re-install the programmes? Is this the only problem I will encounter or are there other things to look out for? By the way Letter Assigner works very well, and it is easy to use
Regards,
Sapins

Sapins 17:50 03 Jun 2003

Thanks for that flecc. I'll do that later on. I havn't got Partition Magic can I download it?
Regards,
Sapins

Sapins 17:50 03 Jun 2003

Thanks for that flecc. I'll do that later on. I havn't got Partition Magic can I download it?
Regards,
Sapins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)