Drive Image - Restoring Image

crimbo 08:25 16 Aug 2003

How long should it take when restoring an image using the rescue floppies? Ihad cause to use it yesterday to restore my 17GB C drive, and it took over 3 hrs. It worked, but i have raed posts on this site stating you can be back up and running in 30 mins. I have a Western Digital 60GB HD, Athlon 1200 on Win XP. Regards, Kevin

zanwalk 09:01 16 Aug 2003

Sounds a bit long to me, but it does depend on the options you choose when restoring. You can for instance check a box to 'skip error checking' which speeds up the process considerably.

However, restoring an image shouldn't normally be something that you have to do regularly, so 3hrs may be a lot better than not having a back up at all!

Consider also splitting that fairly large 17Gb partition into two or three smaller ones, if this is possible.

anchor 09:28 16 Aug 2003

I very recently used Drive Image to restore my hard drive from CD-R`s. I had about 2.1gb to restore, and it took about 45 mins.

crimbo 12:38 16 Aug 2003

It was very difficult for me to choose any options because my USB mouse wouldn't work, therefore i had to choose image etc with the tab key!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)