Drawing with alaptop touch pad and paint.net

keora 05:34 19 Jan 2018

I've transferred some location plans to paint.net. I drew the lines on paper, scanned the drawing, and loaded the .jpg file as a background layer in paint.net. I then added text (place names, street names) as layers above the background. The overall effect is good.

I want to draw extra plans directly into paint.net. I'm using a samsung laptop with a touch pad. Drawing with a touch pad isn't precise, as I have to draw with the end of a finger.

Please would you let me know if there is a better way of drawing using paint.net? What extra equipment would I need?

( I've considered buying a Wacom drawing tablet and pen. I've been told that I have to draw using the programs available on the tablet and transfer them back to paint.net on my laptop. It seems a complicated method. I'd rather continue with paint.net on my laptop rather than spending time learning a different drawing system on a separate device)

hastelloy 09:24 19 Jan 2018

Why not get an ordinary mouse?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:32 19 Jan 2018

I have to draw with the end of a finger.

Have you tried using a stylus? The sort you get for phones might work - a quid from the pound shop - worth a try.

keora 11:33 19 Jan 2018

Thanks, I'll look more closely at buying a mouse.

I've tried a stylus, £3 from pcworld with a soft rubber hemisphere at the end. It doesn't register on my laptop, but it does on a tablet.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?