Dr fone (wondershare) how to get rid of it

sleepy03 15:09 18 May 2019

Hi. I may have been a bit stupid, but in an attempt to retrieve a lost contact from my mobile i downloaded something called dr fone (wondershare). It didnt work. But, on trying to remove this app from my windows 10 pc i'm finding its not showing up in the add/remove programs or even in ccleaner. If i try to manually delete it i get a 'this program is being used by other software'. Task manager is showing this in processes after startup and all i can do is end it and other associated processes that ive found. I am currently scanning the pc with Spybot Search and destroy to see what that gives me, i'll be scanning with norton after.

If its not a threat that its not such an issue, however i would like it gone and would appreciate any advice on how to remove this unwanted program. I knew better than to d/l this but in a state of agitation I didnt think it through, a lesson learned.

thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:33 18 May 2019

click here try step 3

KEITH 1955 16:27 18 May 2019

take another look at add/remove , on right hand side is related setting , click programs and features tab underneath.

it will show installed programs in the way featured in older windows op systems , the reason I tell you to do this is because windows 10 add/remove list does not always show everything on your pc it sometimes misses things.

KEITH 1955 16:30 18 May 2019

extra info ……… try using antimalwarebytes

Have you used malwarebytes before. The reason I ask this is because you may not be fully aware of how Malwarebytes works. Infections of any kind can be made up of many segments , if you clicked on anything it found before quarantining and deleting you might have seen it say something like joe bloggs pup 5 , this means that joe bloggs pup is made up of 5 segments. This is the important bit.... Malwarebytes is one of the best programs around but it cant always get rid of all segments of something on the first scan/quarantine/delete. You must do repeated scans till it finds nothing. Also try adwcleaner by the same company

x13 16:57 18 May 2019

Use GEEK UNINSTALLER . Stop the services first then disable it in start-up in task manager. Reboot then force an uninstall via Geek. During the uninstall if it asks for a reboot cancel it. Geek will then remove all the leftover entries including in the registry.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?