Downloading Programs to New Computer

russmini 09:01 10 Sep 2008

Thanks to various people on here, i took delivery of my nice new Dell Computer yesterday.

Couple of teething problems so far, but i'll persevere until i've had enough, then ask on here all the silly Newbie Questions again...

But just 1 Quick Question, tried to Download a couple of things to it last night. Namely CCleaner and SuperAntiSpyware. Now both seemed to download Correct, but then there was No Install once it had got to 100%. It just went off.... Tried a couple odf times but to no avail...

Have looked all over the computer to see if i can find said programs, but cannot seem to find them.

Any Help on this would be appreciated, as i Want/Need these and others on, before i start using it properly.

Thanks Very Much, Russell.

Ventad 09:06 10 Sep 2008

Have you looked in my computer/users/your name/downloads

Technotiger 09:12 10 Sep 2008

For your downloads have a look in Temporary Internet Files.

On future downloads, direct them to your Desktop, always easy to find then.

peter99co 09:19 10 Sep 2008

I created a folder called Downloads and put them in there.

Once install is complete and the software is operating ok the download can be removed or left in case it is reqd for reinstall.

Ventad 09:49 10 Sep 2008

apart from those downloads I point to the desktop all mine in VISTA go as I said to downloads - click on start/click on computer/click on C drive/click on users/your name/ downloads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?