Downloading Problems XP

geekygirl 13:33 09 Nov 2003

I have problems downloading. When I try to save a picture/image ie6 closes down. Also when I try to download a file using "save" it does the same. I am only able to download a file by opening it.

I also have AVG anti virus programe, Spybot S&D, and Norton Internet Security running. Could these be anything to do with it?

Your help is appreciated!!!

VoG II 13:35 09 Nov 2003

Try repairing IE click here

geekygirl 19:04 09 Nov 2003

Tried to repair it, as per instructions but it didn't work. There is a dll file missing. I get an error message "Error loading setupwbv.dll" The specified module could not be found. Should I download internet explorer again form the net? What effect will this have?

Thanks

VoG II 19:14 09 Nov 2003

You could try downloading from the net. However, if you get a message that says "Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
Setup cannot continue." you will need to follow click here

VoG II 19:21 09 Nov 2003

Just as an afterthought you could try using System File Checker. Start, Run and type in

SFC /SCANNOW

(note the space before /)

and click OK.

You will need your Windows CD handy.

geekygirl 21:47 09 Nov 2003

Neither of these suggestions work for me. sfc/scannow does not show anything. Losing ideas!!!???

powerless 21:49 09 Nov 2003

sfc /scannow

There is a space after sfc.

[email protected] 21:50 09 Nov 2003

maybe you need to goto folder options/file types

and goto the extension you are having problems with

and edit the settings and tick the box confirm open after download

geekygirl 22:57 09 Nov 2003

When I'm downloading ANYTHING free screensaver, .exe file, utilities, whatever the file download box hangs/freezes. I can't even close it. Have tried scannow WITH space.

geekygirl 22:58 09 Nov 2003

Could it be a setting somewhere?

VoG II 23:22 09 Nov 2003

Try reloading XP click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?