downloading problems for scanner Umax Astra Slim

Tabatha 19:58 20 Jan 2003
  Tabatha 19:58 20 Jan 2003

Hi

I recently purchased a scanner which came with two cd's. The instructions were to insert the Driver CD into CD-ROM, and follow online instructions, which worked perfectly, plus to insert the application software CD into CD-ROM which didn't work at all.

I've cleaned the CD., and it just seems to make a 'clicking' noise, without loading at all.
Sometimes it does try to load, but I only get so far, and it stops. When I press Ctrl. Alt. Del. I find it either says 'not responding' or I get the 'fatal blue screen' come up.

It's a Photo Express New 3.0 (Special Edition) cd; Ulead system, and I've contacted click here with my query, but to no avail. So far they have not replied.

Without installing this CD I cannot use my scanner. So what do I do? Take the scanner back to Argos?

Please help.

Thanks

pcgal 20:01 20 Jan 2003

tab they've supplied a faulty cd in my opinion take it back

Hinny 20:20 20 Jan 2003

as pcgal says it could be a faulty cd, however I had problems with Ulead PE, I emailed Ulead and they told me to rename a couple of files. If you exchange the cd and the same happens, post again to this threadand I will try and find the email.
Cheers.

Wak 20:24 20 Jan 2003

YOu could try downloading the FREE Irfanview graphics program and then click on the "SELECT TWAIN SOURCE". That should enable you to select your new scanner.
You've nothing to loose so it's worth a try.

johnem 20:45 20 Jan 2003

Tabatha, you could try downloading from the Umax site, however beware because they have a habit of breaking the files up into several very large zip files which can take an age to download. But as stated earlier, try the return to Argos first, couldsave you a lot more hassle.

johnem 20:45 20 Jan 2003

Tabatha, you could try downloading from the Umax site, however beware because they have a habit of breaking the files up into several very large zip files which can take an age to download. But as stated earlier, try the return to Argos first, could save you a lot more hassle.

johnem 20:46 20 Jan 2003

Tabatha, you could try downloading from the Umax site, however beware because they have a habit of breaking the files up into several very large zip files which can take an age to download. But as stated earlier, try the return to Argos first, could save you a lot more hassle.

johnem 20:47 20 Jan 2003

Tabatha, sorry about triple entry!! Pressed too many keys!!

Tabatha 22:52 20 Jan 2003

Thanks so very very much for all your help. I never realised there were so many computer guru's about!!!!!

Wak. I downloaded the free Irfanview graphics programme, followed instructions for TWAIN, and, YES. SUCCESS!!!!!!!!! Wow. Thanks

Johnem.
Thanks for all the copies!!!!!!

Pcgal and Hinny.
Thanks if I get problems with Irfanview I will post again.

Here goes...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?